About the Airport
Dubbo City Regional Airport (DCRA) is one of the leading regional airports
in Australia and is located 5km northwest of Dubbo on the Mitchell
The Airport provides direct return services from Dubbo to Sydney,
Brisbane, Melbourne (Essendon), Newcastle and Broken Hill, and is
serviced by Regional Express (Rex), QantasLink, Fly Corporate and
FlyPelican. Onward connections around Australia and globally are
available at Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne airports.
- Located 5km from the Dubbo central business district (CBD)
- A taxi fare from the Airport to the CBD will cost you about $20
- Operates 24 hours per day, with no curfew, 365 days per year
- Serviced with over 200 Regular Public Transport (RPT) flights
per week, charter flights, general aviation flight training and
- 198,498 passengers passed through the Airport in 2018/2019
- 209,716 passengers passed through the Airport in 2017/2018
- 217,518 passengers passed through the Airport in 2016/2017
- 203,294 passengers passed through the Airport in 2015/2016
- 75% of passengers travel for business purposes
- Boasts eight taxiways
The Airport is operated and maintained by Dubbo Regional Council in
conjunction with the RPT airlines under regulations set by Air Services Australia and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
For passenger convenience there are baggage carts, family care and baby
change rooms, ground transportation, bar and café, vending machines,
large screen TVs, free WIFI and ATM. Find out more about Airport
Additional Information - Dubbo City Regional Airport Master Plan 2015-2036
Dubbo City Regional Airport aims to provide facilities that promote accessibility for all members of the community, including passengers and visitors. The DCRA has developed a Disability Access Facilitation Plan in conjunction with Regional Express, Qantaslink, and Dubbo Taxi Service. The plan:
- advises passengers with disabilities of the service measures this airport will take to ensure access for passengers with disabilities, and
- how passengers with a disability can assist the airport operator to be best placed to provide an appropriate service (e.g. through provision of information prior to travel)
View the Airport Disability Access here.
Prior to arrival
Whilst the Airport itself does not require advanced notice of the travel needs of disabled persons, the airlines have their own rules relating to the notification prior to travelling. Having said this the airport can offer assistance if required by the disabled person to get to the terminal by contacting 6801 4560 or 0417 717 871 to make any special arrangements.
Both Regular Public Transport(RPT) operators at the Airport offer disability assistance prior to arrival of the disabled passenger. Wheelchair or infirm passengers are required to advise the airline operators as to whether they need assistance to board the aircraft.
Both airlines have the necessary lifting equipment and elevators to assist the person to the aircraft, but require notice, normally when the booking is made, for operational purposes. Other special needs such as breathing aids (Oxygen) and equipment for assisting other medical conditions needs to be requested 48 hours prior to travel.
Both operators require the disabled passenger to meet special conditions of travel which are available on each carriers website and via travel agents when they book their flights. Both airlines require 48 hours notice of travel for special assistance to be provided. For further information about special requirements please visit the following websites or contact your travel agent:
Qantaslink www.qantas.com.au or 6882 2198 or 131313
Regional Express www.rex.com.au or 6884 2420 or 131713
Fly Corporate www.flycorporate.com.au or 1300 851 269
Fly Pelican www.flypelican.com.au or 02 4965 0111