Visitor Identification Card (VIC)
Who is eligible for a VIC?
A person may apply for a Visitor Identification Card (VIC) if they have an operational need to enter the secure area (Terminal Sterile or Airside/SRA) of the Airport for a lawful purpose. A VIC holder must be escorted by an ASIC holder and supervised at all times.
IMPORTANT: The system allows you to preregister your visits up to 7 days in advance. It is recommended the visit application and sponsor approval is finalised prior to attending the issuing location.
Note: All VICs are issues in accordance with the 28-day rule.
How to display a VIC
- Above waist height; and
- At the front or side of your body; and
- The VIC must be clearly visible at all times.
How to apply for a VIC
To apply for a visitor pass, you will need to complete the online application form at the link: CLICK HERE
Before commencing this process, you must have:
- Valid sponsor (an ASIC holder pre-registered with a Sponsor account)
- Category B ID document - Government issued with photo and signature
- A current photo (less than 6 months old)
For further information regarding Visitor Identification Cards or the 28-day rule, please contact the Airport Administration Office on 02 6801 4560 or refer to the Types of ASIC Cards or Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005