Information on travel and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: 22 Jul 2021
Government travel restrictions between Australian states and territories, and between Australia and New Zealand, are currently in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It's important you find out about the relevant restrictions and conditions including travel exemptions, quarantine requirements, mandatory mask wearing, mandatory QR Code check in. You should do this before booking and before travel.
Random checks are being conducted by NSW Police and fines will apply to those not complying with current government public health orders and restrictions.
At the airport
Whilst there is no need for alarm, we do understand that it is not business as usual. Dubbo City Regional Airport is a registered COVID Safe Business and follows a range of measures outlined in our Covid Safety Plan. As a result, we are taking greater precautions than normal and have implemented a number of initiatives in the interest of the health and safety of all who use Dubbo City Regional Airport.
These actions include:
• All air conditioning throughout the terminal is utilising fresh air, not recycled. In accordance with NCC 2019 and BCA Regulations. Filters are being inspected more regularly and changes to filters will be implemented as recommended.
• Additional cleaning services throughout the terminal and airport precinct, including more disinfectant wipe downs of surfaces, objects and key touch points within public spaces and increased garbage removal and disinfection.
• More signage to inform passengers of good hygiene practices, and what to do if they feel unwell. Additional hand sanitiser and sanitising stations placed throughout the terminal, including check in, departures and arrivals halls.
• Supplying disposable masks to those who arrive at the airport without a mask.
• QR Codes for check in on the outside of the terminal building prior to entry and inside the terminal building.
What you can do:
• Make sure you QR Code check in to the premises upon arrival (QR Code check in is currently mandatory in all NSW workplaces and retail businesses. This includes all staff and passengers at the airport).
• Arrive with and wear a face mask (this is a mandatory NSW public health order in all NSW airports and on flights).
• Regularly check the NSW Health website for health advice, public health orders, testing, social distancing and FAQs.
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
• Cover all coughs and sneezes, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• If unwell, stay home and avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
• Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures.
• Use cashless transactions for any purchases.
Australian Government Department of Health
NSW Department of Health
Australian Boarder Force