Information on travel and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Last updated: 18 Mar 2020
At the airport
Whilst there is no need for alarm, we do understand that it is not business as usual. As a result, we are taking greater precautions than normal and have implemented a number of initiatives in the interest of the health and safety of all who use Dubbo Airport.
These actions include:
• All air conditioning throughout the terminal is utilising fresh air, not recycled. In accordance with NCC 2019 and BCA Regulations. Filters are being inspected more regularly and changes to filters will be implemented as recommended.
• Additional cleaning services throughout the terminal and airport precinct, including more disinfectant wipe downs of surfaces, objects and key touch points within public spaces and increased garbage removal and disinfection.
• More signage to inform passengers of good hygiene practices, and what to do if they feel unwell.
• Additional hand sanitiser and wipes placed throughout the terminal, including check in, departures and arrivals halls. Eight new hand sanitising stations will also be installed in the coming weeks.
What you can do
Passengers can help reduce the risk of COVID-19 by practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene and keeping distance from others. We remind anyone travelling to or from the airport to:
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
• Cover all coughs and sneezes, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
• If unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people).
• Exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures.
Australian Government Department of Health
NSW Department of Health
Australian Boarder Force